I love them. My husband loves them. My brother loves them. Most people I know won’t say no to tasty wings.
These particular recipe is easy to make. It’s spicy, salty, garlicky. It’s a guilty pleasure, really. Don’t think about what salt can do to your body, or how the oil can cause high cholesterol level. Threw those worry out of the window for a minute and just enjoy your life. Hehehe..
In my opinion, these kind of menu can still be enjoyed in limited amount. Like for example, I usually cook this to be eaten with rice and vegetables (although my husband eats them as snack also. But he’s very thin so I won’t ever object him eating anything).
To make this amazing spicy garlic wings, first we have to clean them. To clean chicken, drizzle lime or lemon juice and salt all over the chicken. And then massage them a little bit to make sure every surface gets the lime and salt. Let sit for five to ten minutes, then rinse. I use this cleaning steps every time I cook chicken, not only the wings.
Second step is to marinade. The best is to marinade the wings overnight in refrigerator. But 1 hour should do okay too. I marinade them with salt, pepper, lime juice, and sesame oil.
Heat up some oil for frying, and fry the wings. You may want to use paper towel to absorb excess oil after frying.
Now come the exciting part. The source of the flavor explosion! Simply just finely chop garlic, chili, and scallion. Then with some butter or margarine, sautee them until fragrance, add in the fried wings, season with salt and pepper. Mix well until all the wings are covered with bits of chili and garlic.
There’s something magical in combination of chili, garlic and salt. So simple, yet so flavorful. I love it!!
- 500 gr chicken wings
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 500 ml oil for frying
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 pcs red chili pepper, finely chopped (remove seed for milder taste)
- 1 stalk of scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- Marinade the chicken wings with lime juice, salt, pepper, and sesame oil for 1 hour
- Fry the wings in batches until cooked through, strain the excess oil.
- Melt the margarine and add in garlic, chili, and scallion. Sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add in the fried wings, salt, and pepper, Mix well so the wings are covered with bits of garlic, chili, and scallion.